- Send your article within the body of an email as well as an attached Word or text document.
- If you have a specific layout in mind, type your ideas in the email body and if you care to you may format the attached document to give designers an idea of your vision.
- The email subject must include article category, title, submitter’s real name, i.e:
[Category] – [Title] – [Full name] (e.g.: Culture – The Significance of Sakura – John Doe)
- Any images or graphics to be included in your document must be attached separately (detailed below).
- When submitting feedback on an article from a previous issue, the email should be titled as such:
Feedback: [Issue#] – [Article Name]
(word limit about 400 words)
- Lifestyle – columns, lists, book reviews, food/drink/restaurant reviews
- Arts & Entertainment – music, games, movies, events, etc
- Culture – Topics dealing with life in Japan, Japanese customs, etc
- Language Study – Japanese and English study guides and tips
- Travel & Maps
- Features – Main articles (750-900 words)
Submitting document attachments
- Name document using this format:
- Please note that article layout may be altered.
Submitting photos/pictures for articles
- Name file using this format:
[Article Title]-[Image Subject]
- All pictures should be sent as email attachments (even if also included within in the doc).
- Document images should be no smaller than 1 megapixel resolution (~1024×768).
- Stand alone photography should be no smaller than 3MP resolution (~2048×1536).
- You must obtain a written release form for original photos containing identifiable persons. Internet images must be credited / referenced.
- All images must be captioned.